You and your fiancé have made the exciting and adventurous decision to elope. Now you are ready to book Love, Samantha Jean (me!) as your Charleston or destination elopement photographer. This next step is exciting but can be a bit overwhelming; you still may not have all of the final details set or even a location picked. But one thing is for sure: you are certain that you want me to photograph your Charleston or destination elopement. And I cannot thank you enough for choosing me to share your wedding day with you!
The most magical thing about elopements is that there are no set rules to planning one. You don’t need to have every last detail set in stone right away. As your elopement photographer and I guide, I am here to help your streamline the process. Instead of thinking about details, in these early stages of planning, consider how you want your wedding day to feel. When I am photographing an elopement, the overall feeling of the day is what I intend for my images to embody. I want you to look at your wedding photos years down the road and instantly be brought back to all of the laughter, tears, and warm fuzzy feelings that you felt while eloping in Charleston or elsewhere. From booking me to the moment you say “I do”, I work to curate an intentional elopement experience that is unique to your love story.
Ready to take that next step and book Love, Samantha Jean as your Charleston or destination elopement photographer? Here’s my streamlined and simplified process so you know what to expect:
- Start by inquiring with me HERE. After browsing through my portfolio and connecting with my work, grab a cup of coffee, get cozy, and fill out my inquiry form. During this step, tell me about your elopement or intimate wedding day plans and dreams, all about yourself and your fiancé, and anything else that you want me to know! Your dog’s name? Tell me! Your favorite memory with your fiancé? I’m all ears. I want to hear it all! Once you submit your inquiry, I respond within 24-48 hours with my availability and packages. I usually respond quicker though because I am so excited to get to know you! Let’s do this!
- Curating a photography package and selecting a general elopement location. After I respond to your initial inquiry, we will discuss the overall feeling that you want your day to have. Are you planning a simple sunset vow exchange in the heart of downtown Charleston? Considering a full day elopement exploring the countryside of Italy? Not quite sure yet? That’s a-okay! If you are not set on a location already, I am happy to provide general recommendations about where to elope. Once I get a better understanding of your general dream elopement location, I can help you decide how many hours of elopement photography coverage you should consider booking me for.
- Book me with a 50% retainer and a signed contract. Once you have selected the elopement package that best suits your needs, I will email you an invoice for a 50% non-refundable retainer and a contract so you can officially book me as your Charleston or destination wedding photographer. By completing this step, your elopement date is locked in. We will now jump into planning your elopement more in depth together. Let’s celebrate!
- I share specific elopement locations, vendors, etc. I provide you with access to my exclusive list of elopement vendors, I assist with travel logistics, and I share unique elopement locations that I have personally scouted out. One of the perks of hiring me is that I share a long list of exclusive elopement locations with my couples. Your elopement is unique and deserves a special location that can’t be found with a quick Google search!
- Book your flights and accommodations. Once we nail down your specific elopement location, we can start booking travel. I am local to Charleston, South Carolina, but I will travel as far as your love story takes me. I recommend booking travel accommodations early on, even if all the details are not finalized yet. This ensures you will get the best deals!
- I’ll curate a seamless timeline of your day. During my years of being a professional elopement and intimate wedding photographer, I have perfected the curation of a fluid wedding day timeline. While creating your timeline, I consider the lighting, time of day, distance from your accommodations, potential for tourists to be nearby, etc. This way, we can fully optimize our time together and get the elopement pictures of your dreams.
- You elope. The best step! The day you have been waiting months for (or sometimes just days) is finally here. I cannot wait to be there to share this experience with you and to document every special moment that unfolds during the day.
- I send you a sneak peek. Sneak peeks allow you to fully savor the magic of you amazing elopement experience. I will send you a small gallery of edited images (usually around 15) from your elopement within 3 days of your ceremony. You will be able to download and share these photos with your friends and family, use them to create an announcement, or just keep them to yourself to relive those incredible feelings.
- I deliver your gallery. Usually around the 6 to 8 week mark following your elopement, I deliver the rest of your photos. After carefully editing each photo and curating them in an order to best tell the story of your day, you’ll receive a link to an online gallery where you will have access to download the full resolution images. You will also have access to my heirloom print shop that has various print, albums, and canvas options.
- Enjoy your refreshing photographs from your elopement for the rest of your life! And don’t forget to keep in touch!
Ready to start this exciting process of booking your Charleston or destination elopement photographer? Inquire HERE.